Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Goal 60: Turn THE LONG WALK into a screenplay

Welcome to Smokkee's WORLD 101. I am Smokkee Singleton if you haven't already guessed that by now. The purpose of this blog is to face my 101 goals head on and complete them. It's that simple. Eventually, I may try to organize them in some kind of order but I don't see it right now. I'm more concerned with trying to accomplish them anyway. Let's keep going down the list!****************************************



I'm an author. All authors have their influences. Mine? Agatha Christie for one, Elmore Lenard is another. But growing up, my favorite author was Stephen King. 2 things I learned from reading his books: books are almost always better than the movie version. Poor Mr King has been brutalized when his books hit the screen. THE SHINING, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, CARRIE, & (suprisingly) THE MIST are some exceptions. My favorite Stephen story is the 2nd story from THE BACHMAN BOOKS, THE LONG WALK. I still love this story. I wanna see this story hit the big screen but I want to see it done RIGHT, nah mean? You know what they say though: "If you want something done right..." Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment